The Provincial Exhibition of Manitoba is looking to hire for the 2024 Royal Manitoba Winter Fair. The term will be for approximately three weeks of work (35-hour week) commencing in late March 2024 to the first week of April. Please send a resume and cover letter to the Operations Coordinator at email@example.com by Wednesday, March 1, 2024.
Must be able to:
- commit work hours between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., weekdays and weekends for approximately three weeks
- work shifts may be split into three categories: set-up, show week, and tear-down
- perform physical tasks
- work well with others
- be comfortable around animals
- listen and follow directions
- be always respectful to the public
- work in all types of weather (the show must go on!)
- steel toe boots
- ability to safely drive small equipment (golf carts and small tractors)
- Forklift certification would be beneficial; not a requirement.
Assist in the Provincial Exhibition of Manitoba’s fairs and events. These events are important annual community events supporting tourism, recreation, and agriculture in our region. These events provide a link between urban and rural and preserve our heritage.
Loading and setting up and tearing down of equipment as required for the Fair.
The student will be directly supervised by the Operations Coordinator, who will work at the same locations and have daily contact with the Operations crew. If the Operations Coordinator is absent, other senior staff would be available to supervise.
New hires will be required to review our Health and Safety Manual. Site safety orientation will also take place.