RMWF 2023 – Job Application Form
The Provincial Exhibition of Manitoba is looking to hire for the 2023 Royal Manitoba Winter Fair. The term will be for approximately 3 weeks of work (35-hour week) commencing in late March 2023 to 1st week of April. Please send resume and cover letter to the OPERATIONS Coordinator at email@example.com by Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
Must be able to;
- commit work hours between 8 AM and 10 PM, weekdays and weekends for approximately 3 weeks.
- Work shifts may be split into 3 categories; set-up, show week, and tear down.
- perform physical tasks
- work well with others
- be comfortable around animals
- listen and follow directions
- be always respectful to public
- work in all types of weather (the show must go on!)
- Steel toe boots
- Ability to safely drive small equipment. (Golf carts and small tractors)
- Forklift certification would be beneficial, not a requirement.
Assist in for the Provincial Exhibition of Manitoba’s fairs and events. These events are important annual community events supporting tourism, recreation, and agriculture in our region. These events provide a link between urban and rural and preserve our heritage.
Loading and setting up and tear down of equipment as required for the Fair.
The student will be directly supervised by the Operations Coordinator, who will work at the same locations and have daily contact with the Operations crew. If the Operations Coordinator is absent other senior staff would be available to supervise.
New Hires will required to review our Health and Safety Manual. Site safety Orientation will also take place.